Fun in the Sun - weekend part une

What amazing weather, I hope you're having fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun, sun.

Do you remember I said that I as going away with work this week?  Guess what, I managed to stay healthy, I'm so pleased with myself,  There was a gym at the hotel and I'd packed my kit just in case I was motivated enough to get up early in morning to exercise.  I did, check me out!  45 mins of cardio on the treadmill.  Good or what! 

If you're ever near a Harvester and just want some simple food, they serve sea bass with green beans.  Perfect for my protein and veg diet.  I had poached eggs with mushrooms for breakfast and they even managed to find me some soya milk.  One happy girl.

My parents are visiting for the weekend as we're celebrating father's day a week early, I decided to take my mum out for breakfast.  There's this lovely little deli in Pontcanna - The Fat Pig Deli.



It was full outside when we arrived so we sat inside, still light an airy as the door was open.  I loved the tables, very rustic, they were made by the owners out of old doors and mis-matched table legs.  On the tables were mis-matched silver cutlery and ornate silver looking sugar bowls.  The inside decor is shabby chic with modern chairs. 

They have a brunch/lunch menu along with a nice selection of cakes and breads.  I'm afraid we didn't go for the healthy option.  We chose this.



Oh yes it was good, all served with good strong coffee.  The owner is very chatty and happy to answer any questions you have on the food, the decor, pretty much anything really.  All the waiters are trained chefs too, impressive!  The bread is from Allen's Bakery (see my other blog post), this morning there was Chorizo, Tomato, Olive, french, granary and white bread.  It looked fantastic.



Do pay them a visit.  http://www.fatpigdeli.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment