The Plan

If you don't plan you plan to fail.

I've tried many times to lose weight over the past 12 months, the most recent being Weight Watchers and The Cambridge Diet.  Both diets work but the problem was my head wasn't in it.  If I'm not in the zone, there's just no point.  I yo yo'd betwen diet, binge, feeling guilty - binge again and on it went, promising myself tomorrow I'll be good but tomorrow never came.

I spent many a day googling the best diet/the quickest diet/the latest celeb diet.  While doing this I stumbled upon a picture that made me stop and take notice.  This was a photo of a mother like me who'd lost 100lbs! and looked hot in a bikini, not some celebrity who couldn't relate to me.  I wanted to know more.  I liked the facebook page and twitter feed, found the exercises on the facebook page and decided to have a go at these.  The exercises could be done in my home and only took a maximum of 20 minutes but I didn't get far.  I kept eating rubbish and struggled to get in the zone.  I was already a member of a gym and knew of a good trainer there.  I took the bull by the horns and booked 4 sessions a week with him.  My sessions were going to be strength training with weights, something I definately wouldn't do on my own.  At the same time this amazing mother who'd lost weight offered a coaching session via skype on her website.  I jumped at the chance.  I was on my way.

I received a menu plan via email and a skype call to talk me through what she expected of me each week.  My trainer had booked me in for 0630am!! Monday - Thursday.  I'm not one for getting up early so I wasn't sure how this would go.

Roll on 4 weeks and here I am.  I'm not a natural sportswoman or health freak.  I struggle with food on a daily sometimes hourly basis and on days have to talk myself into going to the gym.  Now let me tell you some of my results. 

I've lost 12lb in 4 weeks, 3lb a week! Considering I have an underactive thyroid and averaged a weekly losss on Weight Watchers of 1.5lb per week I'm ecstatic! I've lost 1/2 an inch from arms and thighs, 2 from narrow part of hips and 3 from waist!

This diet and exercise plan works.  I'm going to check in on a daily basis to let you know my food and exercise for that day and how I've been feeling.  Come and join me on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment