Spa Sunday





We had such a fun day on Sunday, celebrating father's day; yes I know it's a week early.  Four of us trundled over to St David's Hotel and Spa at Cardiff Bay for the day. On arrival we were given big white fluffy robes and slippers to wear for our duration, relaxation here we come!



We hit the gym first.  It wasn't very big but had everything you'd need, even spin classes unfortunately not on a Sunday.  My father decided to give the gym a miss and sat reading in the juice bar instead.  There is lovely sea view from here so it was very relaxing, especially with an endless supply of herbal tea, juice and water.



We hadn't booked the Spa set lunch menu but were able to choose something off the bar menu which was quite extensive.  I chose poached eggs with smoked salmon, trying to be healthy, my parents had sausage rolls (homemade) and my daughter chose the steak ciabatta.  There is unlimited tea, various coffees’, fruit and water in the lunch room which has a balcony that overlooks the Bay (pic below).  We sat outside for our lunch, it was a bit windy but nice just to be able to sit in a bit of sunshine in big fluffy white robes I might add.  These drinks were available to us all day free of charge; my daughter enjoyed the hot chocolate.




After some swimming, use of the sauna and Jacuzzi’s we headed off for our treatments - a back massage and facial.  My mother chose a facial and manicure with gelish varnish.  These were all very relaxing, especially when we were taken to a room afterwards with duvets to have a little rest.  I kid you not; I was ready to put my head on the pillow and stay the night but was gently reminded by my mother that food was in an hour.

We each had a two course meal and I started mine with a cocktail - don't you just love Margarita's.  The food was very nice and ended with tea and coffees. 








 The food was very nice and ended with tea and coffees.  The Sri Lanka'n Cricket Team was also in the restaurant which made my father's night.  After all this relaxing and eating I'm exhausted and ready to go home. 


Driver, where are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment